1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Wider Acceptance of Psionics

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

Osiris
    Question

Osiris Site Mediator
    Official Member

What are some steps we could take to incorporate more people or invite them to this community? Is there any political stands that we or one could take to increase acceptance and influence in this world?

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Perses Keraunos ♛First Elder of the Nation♛
    Official Member

For the acceptance part you would need to convince the hardcore religious people to stop talking shit 'bout using energy in general, or magic as they seem to only focus on that.
    For 'em anything that doesn't come from the big G or from a "heavenly place" will be considered to be from an evil being, to tempt "faithful" followers with promises of power.
    'Cause apparently if you have power by yourself or acquired it from something or someone, then it's 'cause you're only thinking of self gain and that's evil yada yada all that BS talk to say that only the "chosen" by the big G can have power and have it as a good thing.

My bad for the rant.

Then you would need to find a fail-proof way of making the most diehard skeptics to believe on psionics.Solid evidence that could be repeated as much as possible wherever and whenever.

But in the end if someone doesn't want to deal with it then you can't force others to accept it or even want to learn it.The only ones that would enter this path would be those that already know 'bout it and want to learn it.

Silamoth and Silent_Echo like this.
    Varric

Varric Staff Manager

The same steps you would do to invite them into any other hobby you may have.

Grab them explain a few things maybe show em some energy work or magick or whatever it is you do and then ask em if they want to try it themselves or learn.

If they say no then its a no. If they look at you like your crazy then well thats unfortanate.

I personally recommend against running around randomly trying to convert people. As you'll have about as much success as a Jehovah's witness.

Its great and all if you want people to learn and share these experiences but you have to remember that some people arent that open minded and maybe they are on earth in this life for a different reason that doesnt include energy work. Sometimes people reincarnate to get away from it all.

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

And some people do want to stay ignorant, 'cause for 'em it's easier to live life without knowing 'bout certain stuff.
    Can't blame 'em though, sometimes people do have very good reasons for their choices.

Osiris likes this.
    4ChanFox
    Nerdy

4ChanFox Senior Citizen

Not to mention that modern religion and science go against psionics is almost every way imaginable...

Perses Keraunos
    Cool

Official Member

Science denies 'em 'cause so far none able to do it at will, anywhere, showed up to give 'em evidence.And those that can don't want to.
    Religion that roots out from the abrahamic beliefs usually like to keep "the common people" out of the paths of power, saying that it's evil unless it comes from the big G.

One denies and the other avoids, don't know which one is worse.

4ChanFox
    Nerdy

4ChanFox Senior Citizen

The witch trials show what religion thinks of things like that, its horrible, what I think is that Religion punishes, Science avoids, personally, I would rather choose science any day XD

Ludwig
    Cynical

Ludwig Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I personally feel that when it comes to science and religion that we are reaching a new epoch of acceptance of the occult and arcane as well as psionics.

phantomdust
    Curious

phantomdust Senior Citizen
    Official Member

We could develop metaphysical technology for the physical relm. A generator to convert metaphysical energy into physical energy, a way of communicating with metaphysical entities directly and verbally through the use of something like a cross plane radio or something to that effect (without all the guessing and interpretation that normal methods rely on), a device that allows people to see metaphysical energy or entities without having to train or be born with the ability to do so, perhaps even something to make metaphysical beings physical and vise versa (though I believe something like that is out of our current technological and metaphysical capabilities). That's honestly the only way I can see it becoming more widely accepted. Otherwise it will always be regected as meaningless spiritual/religious mumbo-jumbo as there will always be a significant lack of hard evidence.

Varric

Varric Staff Manager

I'm actually curious if the dark matter that scientist refer to isnt just metaphysical energy interference from one plane over. Considering several similarities and the way dark matter is measurable but not findable. It reminds me greatly of energies actual interactions on this plane.

I would also imagine even if its different that any tech that can witness dark matter could be modfied witness metaphysical matter too