1. Hello Guest! Welcome to Psion Nation. Currently you do not have an account with us so you are limited on what you can see here at the Nation. Sign Up for free you can have access to read all the amazing material. It takes a couple of seconds and your off to learning the Way of the Psion!

Yours or Theirs?

Psions Viewing Thread (Psions: 0, Guests: 0)

ALcHeMisT
    Inspired

ALcHeMisT Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Hey y'all. Just a passerby here with an interesting question that has come to my mind.

Just the other day I realized that some thoughts that were entering into my mind weren't actually my own the & the way I'm convinced of this I won't go into detail because I would like to keep this post nice and brief however, a problem arose in hearing these thoughts! Day in, and day out, these voices that I would hear in my mind would grow more and more, and I would hear more and more until it got the point where... I was having trouble differentiating these thoughts with my own. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I've noticed that many of yous have taken a liking in external ''daemons'' and so forth, some even go for Higher Powers for guidance, which is what I've been doing lately.

This raised a question in my mind. Who's thoughts are these?

Well, I didn't know, and I was having trouble figuring out who's thoughts were whose! Mine, or theirs! I felt like I was going crazy! I then asked all of these entities that were supposedly speaking to me to all go away for some time until I can make out which thoughts are and aren't my own :D It worked. My mind is crystal clear unlike how it was before where I was hearing so many confusing thoughts and opinions. I told these voices that if they were truly benevolent, they'd leave, knowing I was in the such great confusion and that if they didn't leave it would prove that they were actually malevolent and out to get me, by staying with me to add even further confusion onto myself rather than what I want which was, a conclusion i.e knowing whether these thoughts are mine.

So to sum it all up, right now my mind is crystal clear but I do at times hear bad thoughts, and I hear advice being given to me that I ignore completely considering that I told everyone to go away for a while and this is not the kind of advice that you'd hear like ''Maybe try this, it'll help you reach your conclusion'' No I've had thoughts where there were irrelevant to my goals, they were petty like ''If you spit on the floor, you're spitting on God'' etc and such folly that I disregard.

From a person who never arrived at such a problem I understand that I may be seen as some sort of delusional folk speaking more folly but for those who are in the same boat as me, how did you end up differentiating these thoughts with your own? Did you? Are you confused right now?

Let me hear your opinions on this matter! I ask with no catch, I just thought that I'd share this interesting question with those who might have something they'd want to say on this matter.

Any questions that you'd want me to elaborate feel free to ask, I made this post in about 7 minutes or so, not giving the most thought I would as one would with an essay.

:)

greenfire9
    No Mood

greenfire9 Senior Citizen
    Official Member

what other things do you hear that they say? do you sense the presence of something? or emotion perhaps?

Oh yeah any dreams involving anythings simaler? sorry for asking questions, I may be able to help though

ALcHeMisT
    Inspired

ALcHeMisT Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I personally feel that I have the matter resolved. I am interested to see if anyone else has come across what I have experienced. People seem to like to talk to daemons, and what they can't see, some blindly trust in them, too and so for answers people are receiving, whether it be for guidance or response to questions you've asked them, I want to raise a notion to see whether people can tell whether these external opinions are really external or actually just your own thoughts making them up.

The other day I smoked some weed and went straight to my room to chill. I then got scared for what seemed to be no good reason until, I felt a malevolent presence sticking his face right next to mine, Staring at me. I felt the heat of the eyes staring at me, I "felt" it and it was extremely vivid and I knew whatever it was, it wasn't friendly. Some may say that I was just "tripping" but others who know that marijuana is also a plant used for spiritual purposes may understand that I actually sensitized my mind into feeling external forces more easily than when sober, this is what I feel the plant does. It makes you more sensitive to your own Feels.

anyways, to sum it up, I felt a malevolent presence speaking to me after smoking marijuana, and the same feeling you'd feel if someone was talking to you too close to your face, I felt just that; but I couldnt physically see the indivudal.

greenfire9
    No Mood

Official Member

To me yes there are external entities that will bother you, even demons. I have gotten information and thought about books,ideas, and many other things I have absolutely never heard of.

I will say though there was a time a few years back where I had vivid hallucinations for about 3 days strait-no sleep. I would rather not say what I saw..I will say though they were not external entities (I think one helped me get out of it) These hallucinations were cold just standing, no movement...and a feeling of staring into, what darkness the void? Idk there was only the sense of fear which fed the halucinations-Then I let go of said fear and care about what I saw. Then I fell asleep and never saw these things again.

SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

I have a feeling this might all be in your head. 'Voices' can be spawned in your head by stress.

ALcHeMisT
    Inspired

ALcHeMisT Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Interesting. I did raise a notion similar to your own. Atheists don't experience demonic attacks knowingly, they are oblivious to it because they aren't putting any attention to these ideas and forces and by giving fear to any unseen presence they may or may not decide to take advantage of the opportunity to deceive the unwary. I agree that by feeding these things fear they may sometimes very well respond to it knowing that they have been noticed, and sometimes the mind of our own itself can play tricks on us too :)

ALcHeMisT
    Inspired

ALcHeMisT Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Perhaps. I do wonder whether some folks here can tell themselves whether their friendly "daemon" is truly good or whether they're being deceived for the long run. Time may tell, as it did for me. :D

greenfire9
    No Mood

Official Member

yeah best advice is if this ever happens again is to let go-that goes for if it is in your head or not. There re some circumstances where an entity will wake you from a dead sleep (I have felt very strong presences at these times along with a feeling og something being "spacily there"), then you have to do something as such things are annoying to say the least.

ALcHeMisT
    Inspired

ALcHeMisT Senior Citizen
    Official Member

Thank you for your advice and for your participation in this thread. :)

Zerachiel likes this.
    greenfire9
    No Mood

Official Member

You're welcome :)

Zerachiel likes this.
    RockShan
    Happy

RockShan Senior Citizen
    Official Member

In my personal opinion, or experience with such cases. Yes It's very possible for you to be making up this voices in your head, but equally as possible for spirits to be influencing you, in my experience many, well primarily one entity managed to influence me due to self-denial and inner-conflict.

Zerachiel, ALcHeMisT and Osiris like this.
    Diazin
    Sweettooth

Diazin Mentor
    Official Member

Weed might be the cause of these voices. Weed is a rather mysterious plant I think, some even call it a liar plant. For me it seems to enhance any experience I have without filtering them, so you might be more sensitive to other vibes when high, and the remainescent energy might be affecting you when you are sober, causing the voices.

On the spirits bein either benevolent or malevolent, the best way to sort that out is to make them in their evilest pary to swear by what they know to be God to be faithful unto you and cause you no harm. Some spirits are quite crafty in convincing others of their goodness, when they actually want to corner the person and play with them.

ALcHeMisT likes this.
    SageYuu
    Sleepy

SageYuu Third Elder of the Nation
    Official Member

Collapsed memes (open)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Diazin likes this.
    ALcHeMisT
    Inspired

ALcHeMisT Senior Citizen
    Official Member

I guess what I actually was trying to say in this post to put it short, was ''Channeling''.

Many entities are in the air, and they can communicate with us. These people who are coined as schizophrenic aren't all what they seem to be... I remember hearing voices going off on it's own accord. I would be still, in a quiet room, and I would hear these Islamic words come to my thoughts, Like I can hear them, but in my mind. I would hear them say ''Wallah-hee'' I don't care how it's spelt, it's what the islamics say to praise their God. I'd also hear words that would daunt at me, and I came to the conclusion that these ''Daemons'' that I at first thought were angels, were actually devils.

I remember these voices as a child. They'd appear to me when I get in my greatest grief, but a few months ago when I became spiritually aware of certain things, I began to hear them vividly like never before.

Just thought I'd share.

Obscurus
    Darkness

Obscurus Citizen

My only experience with entities telepathically communicating was in a ritual context during evocation. I called those entities. They did not speak to me unbidden. That said, I will occasionally have thoughts arise that are definitely mine but come from a darker place inside of me. I can usually recognize these for what they are. They "feel" different than telepathy. Telepathy was like the voice was being pushed into my head from outside whereas my darker thoughts come from down inside of me.

I've never been hounded by unwanted outside voices though. I usually take precautions against that sort of thing.